Our toddler, five month old Carlisle
It’s been fifteen years since we had a kitten. I had forgotten how much a kitten is like a toddler. Carlisle, our now five month old kitten, is in full toddler mode. And my Favorite Yankee and I are fifteen years older since the last experience. Here are some characteristics of life with this little fellow..
- Biting and chewing: Our toddler has sharp little teeth and loves to use them on our hands and legs. When I make the bed, he hides under the bed and follows my feet around from side to side and attacks.
- Racing: At no predictable times of the day or night, the toddler races through the house from one end to the other.
- Helping with dinner: The toddler wants to get on the kitchen island to help with dinner. My favorite Yankee has to kitten sit in his office so that I can cook.
- It’s time to get up: A restful sleep is suddenly interrupted by-play bites to our feet.
- Putting things in his mouth: One day, the toddler found his way into my Favorite Yankee’s office. He found a bungee cord and proceeded to get the end of it stuck in his mouth. He screamed and screamed and was terrified, It took both of us to hold him to get it out and we were both victims of biting and scratching.
- Let’s explore the trash can: The toddler goes into the bathroom trash cans and carries his discoveries all over the house.
- The bathroom. I cannot go to the bathroom, take a bath, or a shower without my toddler observer.
- Screens are fun: The Yankee cannot work on his computer without the toddler getting in front of and patting the screen. He cannot watch his favorite TV because the toddler walks on the sound bar and cuts the sound off.
So life is lively in our house these days. But we still love the little fellow. His sweet moments area special.